Dear PT

Dear PT,

I used to think that people who went around dressed in exercise clothes were big show-offs. Like this:

Source: http://fitnessontoast.com/2015/12/15/2-days-with-apple-watch/

After relenting and engaging you, dear PT, to help me manage my anxiety and depression, I see it differently.

When I see someone wearing fitness clothes, I want to cheer them on or pat them on the back! I know that no matter what they look like, they have decided to do something positive and healthy. I know how hard it is to motivate yourself to do something besides occasionally go for a walk....and so now I see enthusiasm, health, dedication and positivity when I see that fitness gear.

Source: https://www.ymcamn.org/health__fitness

This time last year, I was post-natal and wondering how I could recover from birth and more importantly, relieve my anxiety/depression levels. I didn't look like I needed to lose weight, but I felt yuck.

We started to meet and I was feeling a bit awkward. However, after our first training session, I felt amazing. Sore, tired....but amazing! I found that I wanted to do little sessions on my own at home and around the place to get that feeling again.

And so it's continued. I've gone from no exercise at all each week to now working out 2-3 times per week. I feel stronger in my body and also in my mind.

Thanks for pushing me. Thanks for the kick-start of motivation. Thanks for being real and admitting your weaknesses. Thanks for your example.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brendan Malone - Church and State Summit 2018

Home Made

Just Call Me Susie-Home-Maker